FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Ken Heard
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The version of GnuCash provided with Lenny is 2.2.6-2, maintained by
Thomas Bushnell. I have been using this GnuCash version for two years,
but after a Lenny upgrade I did yesterday it would no longer load.

Included in that upgrade was replacement of libglib2.0-0 version 2.16.0
to version 2.22.4-1 from Lenny-backports. While GnuCash 2.2.6-2 calls
for libglib2.0-0 equal to or higher than 2.16.0 -- the version from the
Lenny repository -- it is possible that 2.22.4 could be too advanced for
GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

As I see it I have two options:

1. Reinstall the 2.16.0 version of libglib2.0-0, to see whether
GnuCash will install again; or

2. Install the latest stable version of GnuCash -- 2.2.9 -- to see
whether it will deign to run with version 2.22.4-1 of libglib2.0-0.

The disadvantages of (1) are that it may break other packages which now
require libglib2.0-0 2.22.4-1 after the upgrade, and that I would have
to learn how to replace a higher version of a package with a lower one
without having aptitude remove all other packages which depend on
libglib2.0-0.

The disadvantage of (2) is that as GnuCash 2.2.9 is apparently only
available in source form, and I do not (yet?) know how to compile.

I would appreciate comments, advice, etc. Also, does anybody know
whether GnuCash 2.2.9 is available compiled as a Debian Lenny package?

Regards, Ken Heard
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwx62AACgkQlNlJzOkJmTdqyQCdGSQgk/EeRl15TUZmX46rGQZr
SY8An2peYWkRYELQi8XGwUvPsZG/18tT
=nYnv
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4C31EB61.706@heard.name">http://lists.debian.org/4C31EB61.706@heard.name
 
Old 07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
"John A. Sullivan III"
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 10:25 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> The version of GnuCash provided with Lenny is 2.2.6-2, maintained by
> Thomas Bushnell. I have been using this GnuCash version for two years,
> but after a Lenny upgrade I did yesterday it would no longer load.
>
> Included in that upgrade was replacement of libglib2.0-0 version 2.16.0
> to version 2.22.4-1 from Lenny-backports. While GnuCash 2.2.6-2 calls
> for libglib2.0-0 equal to or higher than 2.16.0 -- the version from the
> Lenny repository -- it is possible that 2.22.4 could be too advanced for
> GnuCash 2.2.6-2?
>
> As I see it I have two options:
>
> 1. Reinstall the 2.16.0 version of libglib2.0-0, to see whether
> GnuCash will install again; or
>
> 2. Install the latest stable version of GnuCash -- 2.2.9 -- to see
> whether it will deign to run with version 2.22.4-1 of libglib2.0-0.
>
> The disadvantages of (1) are that it may break other packages which now
> require libglib2.0-0 2.22.4-1 after the upgrade, and that I would have
> to learn how to replace a higher version of a package with a lower one
> without having aptitude remove all other packages which depend on
> libglib2.0-0.
>
> The disadvantage of (2) is that as GnuCash 2.2.9 is apparently only
> available in source form, and I do not (yet?) know how to compile.
>
> I would appreciate comments, advice, etc. Also, does anybody know
> whether GnuCash 2.2.9 is available compiled as a Debian Lenny package?
>
> Regards, Ken Heard
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkwx62AACgkQlNlJzOkJmTdqyQCdGSQgk/EeRl15TUZmX46rGQZr
> SY8An2peYWkRYELQi8XGwUvPsZG/18tT
> =nYnv
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
Yes, indeed it breaks. We learned that the hard way. We repackaged it
using the newer source. I do not know how we submit such repacking for
backports but here are the steps we took to make it happen (edited to
protect internal information:


As root, install the needed packages for building
apt-get -t lenny-backports install devscripts build-essential
Edit /etc/apt/sources.list by adding a Lenny Backports source repository such as the following:
deb-src http://www.backports.org/debian/ lenny-backports main contrib non-free
Make apt aware of the repository:
apt-get update

Other steps MUST not be done by root so we need another user console to do the following steps.
We will need the 2.2.6 source deb to have all the various settings and options used by debian.
These will be in the debian directory and is really all we need from the source deb. We will store this in gnucash-2.2.6
We will also need the 2.2.9 source tarball. We will store this in gnucash which will become the deb build directory
mkdir /download/gnucash
mkdir /download/gnucash-2.2.6
cd /download/gnucash-2.2.6
apt-get -t lenny-backports source gnucash gnucash-common

We need to install dependencies and this must be done as root so return to the root console and do:
cd /download/gnucash-2.2.6
apt-get -t lenny-backports build-dep gnucash gnucash-common

Return to the user console
cd /download/gnucash
wget http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2
tar jfvx gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2
mv gnucash{-,_}2.2.9.tar.bz2
mv gnucash_2.2.9{,.orig}.tar.bz2 - This is the name format debuild will expect
cd gnucash-2.2.9
cp -r ../../gnucash-2.2.6/gnucash-2.2.6/debian ./
cd debian
The changelog is more than information; it is critical for debuild processing.
Add something similar to the following at the top (the syntax is very fussy)
gnucash (2.2.9-0) stable; urgency=high
* 2.2.6 segfaults with libglib from lenny-backports
-- John Sullivan <myname@mycompany.com> Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:18:00 -0500
Edit the control file and edit the two Replaces lines so they read:
Replaces: gnucash-common (<< 2.2.6-3)
Replaces: gnucash (<< 2.2.6-3)
Edit the files file so it reads:
gnucash-common_2.2.9-0_all.deb gnome optional
gnucash_2.2.9-0_amd64.deb gnome optional
debuild will complain about the -0 but I do not want to give it -1 in case the real 2.2.9 package is -1 when it is released.
cd ..
debuild -us -uc
cd ..
The two .deb files should be in this directory and can be installed where needed

Any corrections to the process are welcome as I am by no means an
expert. Hope this helps - John


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 1278345178.3323.6.camel@localhost">http://lists.debian.org/1278345178.3323.6.camel@localhost
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Ken Heard
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 10:25 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> The version of GnuCash provided with Lenny is 2.2.6-2, maintained by
> Thomas Bushnell. I have been using this GnuCash version for two years,
> but after a Lenny upgrade I did yesterday it would no longer load.

<snip>

> Yes, indeed it breaks. We learned that the hard way. We repackaged it
> using the newer source. I do not know how we submit such repacking for
> backports but here are the steps we took to make it happen (edited to
> protect internal information:

Thanks John for the instructions for compiling a replacement for GnuCash
2.6.2-2. I shall make the compilations later today or tomorrow and
report the results.

Regards, Ken Heard
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwyFlsACgkQlNlJzOkJmTfafACaA9fRQ62xZw PTDjXfpJbUYXUR
8nQAnjeclyFeYKJ0vciHXBixk8aAcwgT
=HL/Z
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4C32165C.1070905@heard.name">http://lists.debian.org/4C32165C.1070905@heard.name
 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Ken Heard
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> Yes, indeed it breaks. We learned that the hard way. We repackaged it
> using the newer source. I do not know how we submit such repacking for
> backports but here are the steps we took to make it happen (edited to
> protect internal information:

I have finally gotten around to trying to build gnucash 2.2.9 in
accordance with your instructions.

> As root, install the needed packages for building
> apt-get -t lenny-backports install devscripts build-essential
> Edit /etc/apt/sources.list by adding a Lenny Backports source repository such as the following:
> deb-src http://www.backports.org/debian/ lenny-backports main contrib non-free
> Make apt aware of the repository:
> apt-get update

I was able to do the foregoing. I was NOT however able to get past the
next steps.

> Other steps MUST not be done by root so we need another user console to do the following steps.
> We will need the 2.2.6 source deb to have all the various settings and options used by debian.
> These will be in the debian directory and is really all we need from the source deb. We will store this in gnucash-2.2.6
> We will also need the 2.2.9 source tarball. We will store this in gnucash which will become the deb build directory
> mkdir /download/gnucash
> mkdir /download/gnucash-2.2.6
> cd /download/gnucash-2.2.6
> apt-get -t lenny-backports source gnucash gnucash-common

You imply that since the foregoing steps must not be done as root, they
must be done as my user. It is impossible however to make those two
directories other than as root. Also, I don't see how I can run the
last line above other than as root.

> We need to install dependencies and this must be done as root so return to the root console and do:
> cd /download/gnucash-2.2.6
> apt-get -t lenny-backports build-dep gnucash gnucash-common

> Return to the user console
> cd /download/gnucash
> wget http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2
> tar jfvx gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2
> mv gnucash{-,_}2.2.9.tar.bz2
> mv gnucash_2.2.9{,.orig}.tar.bz2 - This is the name format debuild will expect
> cd gnucash-2.2.9
> cp -r ../../gnucash-2.2.6/gnucash-2.2.6/debian ./
> cd debian

I suppose I will understand what follows when I see the changelog and
control files.

> The changelog is more than information; it is critical for debuild processing.
> Add something similar to the following at the top (the syntax is very fussy)
> gnucash (2.2.9-0) stable; urgency=high
> * 2.2.6 segfaults with libglib from lenny-backports
> -- John Sullivan <myname@mycompany.com> Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:18:00 -0500
> Edit the control file and edit the two Replaces lines so they read:
> Replaces: gnucash-common (<< 2.2.6-3)
> Replaces: gnucash (<< 2.2.6-3)
> Edit the files file so it reads:
> gnucash-common_2.2.9-0_all.deb gnome optional
> gnucash_2.2.9-0_amd64.deb gnome optional

You specify amd64; whereas I am using intel in all three of our computers.

> debuild will complain about the -0 but I do not want to give it -1 in case the real 2.2.9 package is -1 when it is released.
> cd ..
> debuild -us -uc
> cd ..
> The two .deb files should be in this directory and can be installed where needed

> Any corrections to the process are welcome as I am by no means an
> expert. Hope this helps - John

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkw2gtkACgkQlNlJzOkJmTf5zgCdFrnXxggmpo oKlK84cJyNR6p3
X7oAnAuLp1gcZQT3ob4821lmpUHXDCiI
=r8pn
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4C3682DB.5040602@heard.name">http://lists.debian.org/4C3682DB.5040602@heard.name
 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 AM
"John A. Sullivan III"
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 22:00 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> > Yes, indeed it breaks. We learned that the hard way. We repackaged it
> > using the newer source. I do not know how we submit such repacking for
> > backports but here are the steps we took to make it happen (edited to
> > protect internal information:
<snip>
> > Other steps MUST not be done by root so we need another user console to do the following steps.
> > We will need the 2.2.6 source deb to have all the various settings and options used by debian.
> > These will be in the debian directory and is really all we need from the source deb. We will store this in gnucash-2.2.6
> > We will also need the 2.2.9 source tarball. We will store this in gnucash which will become the deb build directory
> > mkdir /download/gnucash
> > mkdir /download/gnucash-2.2.6
> > cd /download/gnucash-2.2.6
> > apt-get -t lenny-backports source gnucash gnucash-common
>
> You imply that since the foregoing steps must not be done as root, they
> must be done as my user. It is impossible however to make those two
> directories other than as root.
That is correct - a mistake in my documentation
> Also, I don't see how I can run the
> last line above other than as root.
I believe it does work but you will need write rights to the directory.
>
<snip>
> You specify amd64; whereas I am using intel in all three of our computers.
Yes - certainly adapt it to your environment. Thanks for the feedback -
John
<snip>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 1278641359.9929.3.camel@denise.theartistscloset.co m">http://lists.debian.org/1278641359.9929.3.camel@denise.theartistscloset.co m
 
Old 07-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Ken Heard
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> Yes, indeed it breaks. We learned that the hard way. We repackaged it
> using the newer source. I do not know how we submit such repacking for
> backports but here are the steps we took to make it happen (edited to
> protect internal information:

> As root, install the needed packages for building
> apt-get -t lenny-backports install devscripts build-essential
> Edit /etc/apt/sources.list by adding a Lenny Backports source repository such as the following:
> deb-src http://www.backports.org/debian/ lenny-backports main contrib non-free
> Make apt aware of the repository:
> apt-get update

Your instructions amended.

> We will need the 2.2.6 source deb to have all the various settings and options used by debian.
> These will be in the debian directory and is really all we need from the source deb. We will store this in gnucash-2.2.6
> We will also need the 2.2.9 source tarball. We will store this in gnucash which will become the deb build directory
> mkdir /download/gnucash
> mkdir /download/gnucash-2.2.6
> change the permissions of these two directories to drwxrwxrwx.
> cd /download/gnucash-2.2.6
> The following step MUST not be done by root so open a user console and
> in it run:
> apt-get -t lenny-backports source gnucash gnucash-common
> We need to install dependencies and this must be done as root so return to the root console and do:
> cd /download/gnucash-2.2.6
> apt-get -t lenny-backports build-dep gnucash gnucash-common

> Return to the user console
> cd /download/gnucash
> wget http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2
> tar jfvx gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2
> mv gnucash{-,_}2.2.9.tar.bz2
> mv gnucash_2.2.9{,.orig}.tar.bz2 - This is the name format debuild will expect

With your amended instructions I got as far as here, but the following
command confuses me.

> cd gnucash-2.2.9

As this directory does not exist it is impossible to change to it. Do
you mean cd ../gnucash-2.2.6, since the directory I am in at this point
is /download/gnucash, or do you want a new directory guncash-2.2.9 to be
created somewhere? If the former, it seems to me that there is an
extra ../ and an extra gnucash-2.2.6 -- two of each rather than one. If
the object of the exercise is to create gnucash-2.2.6, shouldn't the
directories now be so named?

> cp -r ../../gnucash-2.2.6/gnucash-2.2.6/debian ./
> cd debian
> The changelog is more than information; it is critical for debuild processing.
> Add something similar to the following at the top (the syntax is very fussy)
> gnucash (2.2.9-0) stable; urgency=high
> * 2.2.6 segfaults with libglib from lenny-backports
> -- John Sullivan <myname@mycompany.com> Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:18:00 -0500
> Edit the control file and edit the two Replaces lines so they read:
> Replaces: gnucash-common (<< 2.2.6-3)
> Replaces: gnucash (<< 2.2.6-3)
> Edit the files file so it reads:
> gnucash-common_2.2.9-0_all.deb gnome optional
> gnucash_2.2.9-0_amd64.deb gnome optional
> debuild will complain about the -0 but I do not want to give it -1 in case the real 2.2.9 package is -1 when it is released.
> cd ..
> debuild -us -uc
> cd ..
> The two .deb files should be in this directory and can be installed where needed

> Any corrections to the process are welcome as I am by no means an
> expert. Hope this helps - John

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEUEARECAAYFAkw2kScACgkQlNlJzOkJmTc7owCfXC6jQ2FAk7 I3DNK1Ypy0OGnC
pHsAmNk2zboiozoH5q4ftiz27Yp0iwE=
=fz4B
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4C369128.5000602@heard.name">http://lists.debian.org/4C369128.5000602@heard.name
 
Old 07-09-2010, 04:19 AM
"John A. Sullivan III"
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 23:02 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> > Yes, indeed it breaks. We learned that the hard way. We repackaged it
> > using the newer source. I do not know how we submit such repacking for
> > backports but here are the steps we took to make it happen (edited to
> > protect internal information:
<snip>
> > Return to the user console
> > cd /download/gnucash
> > wget http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2
> > tar jfvx gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2
> > mv gnucash{-,_}2.2.9.tar.bz2
> > mv gnucash_2.2.9{,.orig}.tar.bz2 - This is the name format debuild will expect
>
> With your amended instructions I got as far as here, but the following
> command confuses me.
>
> > cd gnucash-2.2.9
>
> As this directory does not exist it is impossible to change to it.
It has been a while since I've done this but, after you untar the
gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2, don't you have a gnucash-2.2.9 directory into
which we are now going to copy the debian folder from 2.2.6 so we can
build it into a Debian package?
> Do
> you mean cd ../gnucash-2.2.6, since the directory I am in at this point
> is /download/gnucash, or do you want a new directory guncash-2.2.9 to be
> created somewhere? If the former, it seems to me that there is an
> extra ../ and an extra gnucash-2.2.6 -- two of each rather than one. If
> the object of the exercise is to create gnucash-2.2.6, shouldn't the
> directories now be so named?
>
> > cp -r ../../gnucash-2.2.6/gnucash-2.2.6/debian ./
> > cd debian
> > The changelog is more than information; it is critical for debuild processing.
> > Add something similar to the following at the top (the syntax is very fussy)
> > gnucash (2.2.9-0) stable; urgency=high
> > * 2.2.6 segfaults with libglib from lenny-backports
> > -- John Sullivan <myname@mycompany.com> Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:18:00 -0500
> > Edit the control file and edit the two Replaces lines so they read:
> > Replaces: gnucash-common (<< 2.2.6-3)
> > Replaces: gnucash (<< 2.2.6-3)
> > Edit the files file so it reads:
> > gnucash-common_2.2.9-0_all.deb gnome optional
> > gnucash_2.2.9-0_amd64.deb gnome optional
> > debuild will complain about the -0 but I do not want to give it -1 in case the real 2.2.9 package is -1 when it is released.
> > cd ..
> > debuild -us -uc
> > cd ..
> > The two .deb files should be in this directory and can be installed where needed
>
> > Any corrections to the process are welcome as I am by no means an
> > expert. Hope this helps - John
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEUEARECAAYFAkw2kScACgkQlNlJzOkJmTc7owCfXC6jQ2FAk7 I3DNK1Ypy0OGnC
> pHsAmNk2zboiozoH5q4ftiz27Yp0iwE=
> =fz4B
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 1278649183.9929.6.camel@denise.theartistscloset.co m">http://lists.debian.org/1278649183.9929.6.camel@denise.theartistscloset.co m
 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Ken Heard
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 23:02 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> With your amended instructions I got as far as here, but the following
> command confuses me.
>
>>>> cd gnucash-2.2.9
> As this directory does not exist it is impossible to change to it.


>> It has been a while since I've done this but, after you untar the
>> gnucash-2.2.9.tar.bz2, don't you have a gnucash-2.2.9 directory into
>> which we are now going to copy the debian folder from 2.2.6 so we can
>> build it into a Debian package?

Yes, it did create directory /download/gnucash/gnucash-2.2.9. I should
have known enough to look before asking the question.

>>>> cp -r ../../gnucash-2.2.6/gnucash-2.2.6/debian ./
>>>> cd debian
>>>> The changelog is more than information; it is critical for debuild processing.
>>>> Add something similar to the following at the top (the syntax is very fussy)
>>>> gnucash (2.2.9-0) stable; urgency=high
>>>> * 2.2.6 segfaults with libglib from lenny-backports
>>>> -- John Sullivan <myname@mycompany.com> Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:18:00 -0500

Done.

>>>> Edit the control file and edit the two Replaces lines so they read:
>>>> Replaces: gnucash-common (<< 2.2.6-3)
>>>> Replaces: gnucash (<< 2.2.6-3)

Done, but with 2.2.6-2, as it is the -2 versions which are in my box.

>>>> Edit the files file so it reads:
>>>> gnucash-common_2.2.9-0_all.deb gnome optional
>>>> gnucash_2.2.9-0_amd64.deb gnome optional

In directory /download/gnucash/guncash-2.2.9/debian there is no files
file. Should I create it with only those two lines, before running the
final steps?

>>>> debuild will complain about the -0 but I do not want to give it -1 in case the real 2.2.9 package is -1 when it is released.
>>>> cd ..
>>>> debuild -us -uc
>>>> cd ..
>>>> The two .deb files should be in this directory and can be installed where needed
>>>> Any corrections to the process are welcome as I am by no means an
>>>> expert. Hope this helps - John

Regards, Ken Heard
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkw3LYAACgkQlNlJzOkJmTcYzgCeNDUwyaowQl B2kU1bA8ZfjRjF
GZYAn3iWb+xHEG7HpMcLLgh/Sy97hDUf
=r7/m
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4C372D81.4040400@heard.name">http://lists.debian.org/4C372D81.4040400@heard.name
 
Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
"John A. Sullivan III"
 
Default Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 10:09 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 23:02 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
<snip>
> >>>> Edit the control file and edit the two Replaces lines so they read:
> >>>> Replaces: gnucash-common (<< 2.2.6-3)
> >>>> Replaces: gnucash (<< 2.2.6-3)
>
> Done, but with 2.2.6-2, as it is the -2 versions which are in my box.
>
> >>>> Edit the files file so it reads:
> >>>> gnucash-common_2.2.9-0_all.deb gnome optional
> >>>> gnucash_2.2.9-0_amd64.deb gnome optional
>
> In directory /download/gnucash/guncash-2.2.9/debian there is no files
> file. Should I create it with only those two lines, before running the
> final steps?
<snip>
It looks like that is indeed the case in my installation - just those
two lines. If I recall correctly, though, your architecture is not
amd64 so you will need to use whatever is appropriate for you. Good
luck - John


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 1278694731.20386.2.camel@denise.theartistscloset.c om">http://lists.debian.org/1278694731.20386.2.camel@denise.theartistscloset.c om
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:31 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org