Old 07-05-2010, 11:51 AM
"Sridhar M.A."

Default Scim and iceweasel

I am currently running debian (amd64) testing with some packages from
sid. It is stable for my work purposes.

I frequently have to input indic characters and scim is my preferred
input method. I have set the input method to scim using im-switch. I can
only use it in gnome-terminal that too by right-click->Input
Methods->scim. This does not work in OpenOffice or Iceweasel.

On another machine the same set of packages gives me scim
as the default input method for gnome-terminal, OO and iceweasel.

My question, how can I make iceweasel, OO and other packages like
inkscape to use scim as the default input method?

Sridhar M.A. GPG KeyID : F6A35935
Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5 55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Heller's Law:
The first myth of management is that it exists.

Johnson's Corollary:
Nobody really knows what is going on anywhere within the
organization.