-   -   how to set port speed for a GPRS connection (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/394926-how-set-port-speed-gprs-connection.html)

Long Wind 07-04-2010 09:43 PM

how to set port speed for a GPRS connection

I have a GPRS connection
In Nokia suite in Windows, it claims the speed is about 460kbps
In pppconfig how to set port speed?
Thanks in advance!
(Because the connection is slow, I may not be able to reply to your help.)

Camaleón 07-05-2010 04:48 PM

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 17:43:31 -0400, Long Wind wrote:

> I have a GPRS connection
> In Nokia suite in Windows, it claims the speed is about 460kbps In
> pppconfig how to set port speed?

"setserial" could do that but I'm not sure why you should change this
value. Have you made any test speed for you connection? For example:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Anyway, GPRS link is indeed very slow for today bandwith requirements :-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón