Old 07-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Scott Lair

Default google chrome mailto: in lxde

Using squeeze with the lxde desktop. I installed google
chrome and when I click on a link with a mailto:, chrome
opens up another browser window and waits.

I noticed that under gnome it works fine - calls up
evolution like it should.

Is there a setting or something in lxde that would fix this?

thanks,

Scott

Archive: 4C30B9A8.2000700@lairhome.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C30B9A8.2000700@lairhome.com

Old 07-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Du, 04 iul 10, 12:41:12, Scott Lair wrote:
> Using squeeze with the lxde desktop. I installed google chrome and
> when I click on a link with a mailto:, chrome opens up another
> browser window and waits.
>
> I noticed that under gnome it works fine - calls up evolution like
> it should.
>
> Is there a setting or something in lxde that would fix this?

Try LXDE Menu -> Preferences -> Preferred Applications

Regards,
Andrei

Old 07-05-2010, 03:40 AM
Scott Lair

>On Du, 04 iul 10, 12:41:12, Scott Lair wrote:
>> Using squeeze with the lxde desktop. I installed google chrome and
>> when I click on a link with a mailto:, chrome opens up another
>> browser window and waits.
>>
>> I noticed that under gnome it works fine - calls up evolution like
>> it should.
>>
>> Is there a setting or something in lxde that would fix this?
>
>Try LXDE Menu -> Preferences -> Preferred Applications
>
>Regards,
>Andrei

Thanks Andrei,

No effect with that - I tried icedove and evolution, still pulled up
*a new window in chrome when a mailto: item is clicked.

Is there any other way to set this in LXDE?

thanks,

Scott