Old 07-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Rob Owens

Default normalize audio volume

All of my music contains tags for vorbisgain/replaygain. MythTV's Myth
Music player, however, doesn't have provisions to use replaygain. Is there a
way I can pipe my audio output to another program which will raise/lower
the volume, effectively adding replaygain to Myth Music?

-Rob

Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Matthew Moore

On Sunday July 4 2010 9:15:09 am Rob Owens wrote:
> All of my music contains tags for vorbisgain/replaygain. MythTV's Myth
> Music player, however, doesn't have provisions to use replaygain. Is there
> a way I can pipe my audio output to another program which will raise/lower
> the volume, effectively adding replaygain to Myth Music?

If mythtv has a mpd client, you can use a local mpd instance to play your
music (mpd has replaygain support).

MM