-   -   AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core and Debian install (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/393577-amd-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-debian-install.html)

Merciadri Luca 07-01-2010 11:26 AM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core and Debian install

Hi,

I've never used AMD-based computers, and I've therefore always chosen
i386 as I habitually deal with Intel stuff. The fact is that I've got to
install Debian on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core. The AMD world is
totally stranger for me. I would like to know if there are (nontrivial)
differences in the installation process/in choices to make for Debian's
install.

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Getting something done is an accomplishment; getting something done
right is an achievement.

Camaleón 07-01-2010 11:33 AM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:26:52 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> I've never used AMD-based computers, and I've therefore always chosen
> i386 as I habitually deal with Intel stuff. The fact is that I've got to
> install Debian on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core. The AMD world is
> totally stranger for me. I would like to know if there are (nontrivial)
> differences in the installation process/in choices to make for Debian's
> install.

When talking about an OS installation, AMD world is the same as Intel
world, nothing more or less to care about than the usual decision-stuff
(32 or 64 bits, GNOME or KDE...?) ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Merciadri Luca 07-01-2010 11:48 AM

Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:26:52 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

>> I've never used AMD-based computers, and I've therefore always chosen
>> i386 as I habitually deal with Intel stuff. The fact is that I've got to
>> install Debian on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core. The AMD world is
>> totally stranger for me. I would like to know if there are (nontrivial)
>> differences in the installation process/in choices to make for Debian's
>> install.
>>

> When talking about an OS installation, AMD world is the same as Intel
> world, nothing more or less to care about than the usual decision-stuff
> (32 or 64 bits, GNOME or KDE...?) ;-)

Thanks!

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

When making your choices in life, do not forget to live. (Samuel Johnson)

Ron Johnson 07-01-2010 11:52 AM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core and Debian install