-   -   command line wordperfect (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/3879-command-line-wordperfect.html)

"s. keeling" 11-23-2007 10:59 PM

command line wordperfect

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
> On 11/23/07 14:37, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> > I don't think such can be installed on debian. Probably not on freebsd
> > either, so I'm curious have any of the emacs experts ever put together a
> > key bindings package for emacs that can make a wordperfect user feel
> > right at home? The internet service provider runs freebsd and a couple
> > other subscribers on another email list would like to get a wp-like
> > environment up and available on shellworld.net.
>
> You mean the old DOS WP?

On etch I see:

v libwpd-dev -
p libwpd-stream8c2a - Library for handling WordPerfect documents (sha
p libwpd-tools - Tools from libwpd for converting WordPerfect to
p libwpd8-dev - Library for handling WordPerfect documents (dev
p libwpd8-doc - Library for handling WordPerfect documents (doc
i A libwpd8c2a - Library for handling WordPerfect documents (sha
p wp2x - WordPerfect 5.x documents to whatever converter
p wpd2sxw - WordPerfect to OpenOffice.org converter

Make of that what you will. If perl/python can interface with those
libraries, you're off to the races.