Old 11-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

Default Is it exist a mailing-list for console only users ?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 05:36:29PM -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Fri November 23 2007, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > When was the last time we had a questio from someone wondering how do do
> > something in ed?
>
> maybe BUT... when you use VI, you can still do the ":" commands that are ed
> based..
> I use them all the time, I just got so used to them, I never ask questions
> about them..
> :1,$s/whatever/whichever/g

:%s/what/which/g

% is short for everyline. saves two keystrokes!!

to the OP, I don't know of one, but wouldn't be surprised if it
exists. Maybe there is something appropriate on usenet?

What I find interesting is the movement (one that I'm caught up in) to
a more CLI based operation the X environment. Using xmonad, wmii or
other keyboard based WM's using largely cli based apps within
x-terms.

COnnecting witha community like that may suit your needs more. X is
still involved and pertinent, but it is not the focus so much as it
would be within a more general user community like this.