Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 PM
"s. keeling"

Default Is it exist a mailing-list for console only users ?

Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com>:
> On Fri November 23 2007, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > When was the last time we had a questio from someone wondering how do do
> > something in ed?
>
> maybe BUT... when you use VI, you can still do the ":" commands that are ed
> based..
> I use them all the time, I just got so used to them, I never ask questions
> about them..
> :1,$s/whatever/whichever/g
>
> which means, on every line change whatever to whichever and do it for every
> occurrence on every line.

Shorter:

:%s/foo/bar/g # I think; untested. Been a while.

> I still use ed commands.. not daily, but.

I never learned ed, except in vi.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:39 PM
"s. keeling"

SPKills <speedballkills@gmail.com>:
> All is in the question...

No, it never is.

> As i don't (almost) ever used the X server then i'm not really able to
> help others and not really interested in their problems, i would like to
> know if it exists a list of this kind.

You're defining what you want with a negative. You don't care about
X. What do you care about?

Usenet News has plenty of non-X related groups. comp.unix.shell might
be to your liking, or one of the Debian related alt groups.

Also consider irc if you lean that way. #debian on irc.freenode.net?
I like irssi (but use it very infrequently).