Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 PM
John Culleton

Default Size of screen.

I have a Debian Derivative (Knoppix) installed on the hard drive of
my son's computer. He has a flat screen much wider
than it is high. As a result the screen background only fills part of
the width and does not go all the way to the top either. The bottom
bar goes all the way to the left but cuts off at the right edge of the
background. The physical screen is 17.4 by 9.75 approximately.

I suspect that some editing of xorg.conf is needed but if there is
another preferred method please let me know.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

Old 05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Lu, 31 mai 10, 16:11:06, John Culleton wrote:
> I have a Debian Derivative (Knoppix) installed on the hard drive of
> my son's computer. He has a flat screen much wider
> than it is high. As a result the screen background only fills part of
> the width and does not go all the way to the top either. The bottom
> bar goes all the way to the left but cuts off at the right edge of the
> background. The physical screen is 17.4 by 9.75 approximately.
>
> I suspect that some editing of xorg.conf is needed but if there is
> another preferred method please let me know.

Please post your current xorg.conf (if you have one) and
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.

BTW, why install Knoppix and not Debian proper?

Regards,
Andrei