Old 05-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Sthu Deus

Default Mplib.pm wanted.

Good day.

I need a perl module called Mplib.pm .
But I cannot find it in lenny trying this command:

aptitude search Mplib.pm

Is there no such a package containing such a file, or I searched
wrongfully?

Thank You for Your time.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Salvatore Bonaccorso

Hi

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 02:02:54AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> I need a perl module called Mplib.pm .
> But I cannot find it in lenny trying this command:
>
> aptitude search Mplib.pm
>
> Is there no such a package containing such a file, or I searched
> wrongfully?
>
> Thank You for Your time.

Mplib.pm seems to be in MP3-Mplib [1]. But MP3-Mplib is not packaged
for Debian. Whant you can try if you need it as package: Use
dh-make-perl to create a deb.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~vparseval/MP3-Mplib-0.02/

Does this helps you?
Bests
Salvatore

Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

But I cannot find it in lenny trying this command:

aptitude search Mplib.pm

Is there no such a package containing such a file, or I searched
wrongfully?

That search is unlikely to provide results. To search for files, use

apt-file search Mplib.pm

or use the web interface at packages.debian.org

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br

Archive: 4C044A60.7040603@kalinowski.com.br">http://lists.debian.org/4C044A60.7040603@kalinowski.com.br

Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Alexander Batischev

Hi!

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 02:02:54AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> I need a perl module called Mplib.pm .
> But I cannot find it in lenny trying this command:
Nor do I.

> aptitude search Mplib.pm
>
> Is there no such a package containing such a file, or I searched
> wrongfully?
Yes, you searched wrongfully. When you want to figure out to which package file
belongs to, you should use apt-file:

apt-file search Mplib.pm

You can also assume that there are package named by file it containing, and run
the following command:

aptitude search mplib

And of course you can use web interface[1] (which have some pros - for example,
you can search for file in different version of Debian, as I did - I'm running
Squeeze but I searched in Lenny via web).

According to CPAN[2], MP3-Mplib is pretty old and unsupported (last updated 06
Mar 2004), so it probably wasn't been packed for Debian at all. You can look for
alternatives, or go and try to install it directly from CPAN.

1. http://packages.debian.org
2. http://search.cpan.org/~vparseval/MP3-Mplib-0.02/

----
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

Old 06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Chris Bannister

> On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 02:02:54AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> > I need a perl module called Mplib.pm .

Maybe the dh-make-perl package can be of use?

-- Napoleon Bonaparte