Old 05-31-2010, 06:18 PM
T o n g

Default ext2 empty

Hi,

I came across a tool called something like "ext2 empty" but forgot where
it is now. Primarily, it zero out all unused spaces in ext2 fs, so that
the unused spaces won't take up much spaces when compressed.

Any hint?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 PM
T o n g

On Mon, 31 May 2010 18:18:47 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> I came across a tool called something like "ext2 empty" but forgot where
> it is now. Primarily, it zero out all unused spaces in ext2 fs, so that
> the unused spaces won't take up much spaces when compressed.

zerofree - zero free blocks from ext2/3 file-systems