Old 05-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default apt-get

Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I have some collegues (including my direct boss) insisting me to use
aptitude.

I dont want to.

When I ask them why, they just tell "aptitude is better than apt-get".

May be... but I'm used with apt-get and dont want to switch, and I also
Googled a bit and found a post telling apt-get has now the same level
as aptitude. But I lost that link...

What's the status?
- aptitude better?
- apt-get better?

I don't do deep package manipulation, juste update, upgrade,
dist-upgrade...

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

+261 3456 000 19

Old 05-31-2010, 07:25 AM
papul

I have some collegues (including my direct boss) insisting me to use
aptitude.

I dont want to.

When I ask them why, they just tell "aptitude is better than apt-get".

May be... but I'm used with apt-get and dont want to switch, and I also
Googled a bit and found a post telling apt-get has now the same level
as aptitude. But I lost that link...

What's the status?
- aptitude better?
- apt-get better?

I don't do deep package manipulation, juste update, upgrade,
dist-upgrade...

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

Yeah i always wondered what the difference is between both of them.
Hoping someone would shed some light on this matter.