Old 05-31-2010, 03:20 AM
Cameron Hutchison

Default How do I fsck an XFS file system in "Squeeze"

lrhorer <lrhorer@satx.rr.com> writes:

>> lrhorer put forth on 5/20/2010 6:09 PM:
>>>
>>> How can I obtain the XFS file
>>> utilities - particularly xfs-repair - under "Squeeze"?

> The simple answer to my original question was, "xfsprogs". Doing a
>synaptic search for "xfs" returns far, far too many results through
>which to easily sift, and searching for "xfs_repair" returns none at
>all.

The meta-answer to your original question is http://packages.debian.org
from which you can search the contents of packages if you know what
file you're looking for. At the bottom of that page is a section titled
"Search the contents of packages".

It's so useful that I have a iceweasel/firefox smart bookmark set up for
it, so I can just type "dpcs xfs_repair" into my address bar and I get
the answer you were looking for (dpcs == debian package content search)

Old 05-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Mon,31.May.10, 03:20:40, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> lrhorer <lrhorer@satx.rr.com> writes:
>
> >> lrhorer put forth on 5/20/2010 6:09 PM:

> > The simple answer to my original question was, "xfsprogs". Doing a
> >synaptic search for "xfs" returns far, far too many results through
> >which to easily sift, and searching for "xfs_repair" returns none at
> >all.
>
> The meta-answer to your original question is http://packages.debian.org
> from which you can search the contents of packages if you know what
> file you're looking for. At the bottom of that page is a section titled
> "Search the contents of packages".
>
> It's so useful that I have a iceweasel/firefox smart bookmark set up for
> it, so I can just type "dpcs xfs_repair" into my address bar and I get
> the answer you were looking for (dpcs == debian package content search)

Or just install apt-file

Regards,
Andrei