Old 05-30-2010, 11:57 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

Default Force reinstall of /etc files without purge/install cycle?

I can't find an option within aptitude to force a reinstall of /etc
files. I know that aptitude will not overwrite them by default, but
isn't there a way to force a package's conf files back to a pristine
state?

The purge/install cycle isn't always an option, since in many cases it
will want to uninstall all of gnome or kde.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

Old 05-31-2010, 12:42 AM