Old 05-30-2010, 05:58 PM
emigrant

Default Squeeze and mobile broadband

hi,
this is my first question here,
i want to know whether, mobile broad band works out of the box in
squeeze?
i use huawei ce0862 dongle to connect.

it didn't work for me in lenny (in fact i didn't find a way to initiate
a mobile broadband connection at the first place).

have things changed from then??

would i be able to connect easily to the internet?

thank you very much.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:27 AM
papul

i want to know whether, mobile broad band works out of the box in
squeeze?
i use huawei ce0862 dongle to connect.

it didn't work for me in lenny (in fact i didn't find a way to initiate
a mobile broadband connection at the first place).

have things changed from then??

would i be able to connect easily to the internet?

thank you very much.

I guess thats very easy on gnome because it has an app that manages
mobile broadband. Also i have seen one of my friends doing that on KDE
thru an app called Kppp.