Old 05-30-2010, 02:27 PM
JW Foster

Default Recurring warning when updating: AGAIN!

Below is a snip from the update of my Debian 'testing' system. I see
that there are again warnings that seem to be unresolved regarding
gconf2. I have been pondering if this should be filed as a bug report as
it is recurring though it does seem to be relative to some specific
upgrade & I'm not sure which one as I haven't kept records.
Both gconf2 & shared -mime-info seem to be the culprits. I know "it's
testing" but does anyone know how to fix this or any recommendations on
filing a bug report.
-----------------snip--------------------------------
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for gconf2 ...
WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
Processing triggers for fontconfig ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ...
Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-alchemy'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-cache'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-cactvs-ascii'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-cactvs-binary'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-cactvs-table'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-cdx'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-cdxml'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-chem3d'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-cif'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-cml'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-daylight-smiles'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-dmol'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-gamess-input'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-gamess-output'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-gaussian-input'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-gaussian-log'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-genbank'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-gulp'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-hin'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-inchi'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-inchi-xml'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-jcamp-dx'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-macromodel-input'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mdl-molfile'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mdl-rdfile'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mdl-rxnfile'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mdl-sdfile'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mdl-tgf'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mmcif'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mol2'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mopac-graph'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mopac-input'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-mopac-out'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-msi-car'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-msi-hessian'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-msi-mdf'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-msi-msi'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-ncbi-asn1'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-ncbi-asn1-binary'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-ncbi-asn1-xml'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-pdb'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-shelx'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-vmd'

Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-xyz'

Processing triggers for gnome-icon-theme ...
Processing triggers for doc-base ...
Processing 1 changed doc-base file(s)...

Old 05-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Liam O'Toole

On 2010-05-30, JW Foster <jfoster81747@verizon.net> wrote:
> Below is a snip from the update of my Debian 'testing' system. I see
> that there are again warnings that seem to be unresolved regarding
> gconf2. I have been pondering if this should be filed as a bug report as
> it is recurring though it does seem to be relative to some specific
> upgrade & I'm not sure which one as I haven't kept records.
> Both gconf2 & shared -mime-info seem to be the culprits. I know "it's
> testing" but does anyone know how to fix this or any recommendations on
> filing a bug report.
> -----------------snip--------------------------------
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
> Processing triggers for menu ...
> Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
> Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
> Processing triggers for gconf2 ...
> WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
> WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
> WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
> WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
> WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
> WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
> WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
> WARNING: node <gettext_domain> not understood below <schema>
> Processing triggers for fontconfig ...
> Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ...
> Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-alchemy'
---SNIP---
> Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-xyz'
>
> Processing triggers for gnome-icon-theme ...
> Processing triggers for doc-base ...
> Processing 1 changed doc-base file(s)...

The "Unknown media type" messages have been discussed on the list
before. They are due to some KDE packages(s), apparently. Inspection of
the files in /usr/share/mime/packages/ should identify the culprit.

--
Liam O'Toole
Birmingham, United Kingdom --> Cork, Ireland