Old 05-30-2010, 02:08 PM
T o n g

Default Conclusion: Creating a DOS floppy disk image

On Sun, 30 May 2010 09:45:12 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:

>> How can I make a DOS floppy disk image under Linux?
>
> $ dd if=/dev/zero of=floppy-image bs=1440k count=1
> $ /sbin/mkdosfs floppy-image
>
> You need the dosfstools package for the latter command.

Thanks Sven, and every who replied as well.

Just for the archive, the '-C' option of mkdosfs can be used to create
the new file system in a file instead of on a real device, and to
avoid using dd in advance to create a file of appropriate size.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/