Old 05-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Merciadri Luca

Default Acroread: accelerating the search through a PDF

Hi,

I sometimes have really long documents (>4000 p) for specs., or for
other purely technical stuff. I sometimes look for a given model, or for
a given word. The fact is that acroread reads ~8 pg/s, and, thus, if I
do not know that my keyword is simply at the last page of the document,
it takes 500s ~8 minutes and a half. How can I speed it up? Why is it so
sluggish? Do not tell me that it is limited by R/W access on the HDD...

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.