Old 05-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Default konsole sound (again)

Hi,

I have Konsole and Kedit installed but not KDE (but Fvwm).

After my recent dist-upgrade in Sid hal and friend consolekit appeared
again.

So I did:

hugo@debian:/tmp/sdb6$ aptitude why hal
i konsole Depends kdebase-runtime
i A kdebase-runtime Recommends hal
hugo@debian:/tmp/sdb6$ aptitude why consolekit
i konsole Depends kdebase-runtime
i A kdebase-runtime Recommends hal
i A hal Recommends consolekit (>= 0.3)

So I say what the heck, recommendations only, get rid of them.

So I did.

But then the sound stops working in Konsole, with a message that he
can't find the sound device, but is now using the side speakers...
(what?!) but still no sound.

The solution: disable play a sound in settings->configure notifications
and say: play /usr/share/sounds/KDE-Sys-Warning.ogg in
settings->configure notifications->run command.

Hugo