Old 05-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Klistvud

Default Installing memtest86 in Lenny fails to copy the actual binary

Howdy, fellow Debianites!

I tried to install memtest86 on my Lenny box (using Synaptic).
Everything appeared to go smoothly, even a new "memtest" entry wass
added to my grub.cfg - but the actual memtest86.bin file was never
copied to disk! Interestingly enough, the same happened when I tried to
install memtest86+ ... Of course, the "memtest" grub entry now fails
with a "file not found" error.

Any ideas? Happened to anybody else?
Let me just add that my / partition is not full.

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com

Old 05-30-2010, 01:10 AM