Old 05-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Paul Chany

Default Ugrade from Lenny to Squeeze on old PC Box - fsck died with exit status 8 - SOLVED

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> On 2010-05-28 09:26 +0200, Paul Chany wrote:
>
>> Checking file systems...fsck from util-linux-ng 2.16.2
>> fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda6
>
> The new kernel is probably using libata instead of the old IDE drivers,
> which means that your hard disk is called /dev/sda rather than /dev/hda.
> You should use labels or UUIDs in /etc/fstab if you want to use both the
> old and the new kernel. The linux-base package from sid can help you
> with the conversion.

After installed linux-base and reboot with the new kernel version
2.6.32-3-486 I get the running system Squeeze without any boot errors.

Thanks!

Paul Chany
You can freely correct my English.
http://csanyi-pal.info