Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Paul Chany

Default Ugrade from Lenny to Squeeze on old PC Box

Hi,

I have an old PC Box on which I was run Debian Lenny with kernel
2.6.26-2-486. I used it as a Desktop for small jobs.

Yesterday I decided to upgrade it to Squeeze.
I did the following:
1 change the lenny to squeeze in sources.list
2 sudo aptitude update
3 sudo aptitude install apt dpkg aptitude
4 sudo aptitude full-upgrade

When the full-upgrade process come to the 'udev' package, it can't
upgrade to the squeeze version because the running kernel version wasn't
enough new. So I decided to force the udev upgrade with creating the
file: 'that I can't remember which name has'.

After successfully upgrade udev and the remain packages, I install - or
reinstall linux-image-2.6.30-2-486 and linux-image-2.6.32-3-486.

I have installed the GRUB2 too but yet remain in testing state.

When I booth with the linux-image-2.6.30-2-486 or
linux-image-2.6.32-3-486 kernel I can't get the HOME and other
directories but when I booth with the old kernel 2.6.26-2-486 then I get
the HOME directory and can use the Squeeze system.

How can I fix this so I can use the linux-image-2.6.32-3-486 kernel?

Any advices will be appreciated!

Paul Chany
You can freely correct my English.
http://csanyi-pal.info