Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Israel Garcia

Default installing deb files from unstable or testing

Some times ago (I could not find on google), I could create a deb file
for my lenny from unstable or testing debian (done remember now). I
remember I follow some steps from a blog or something and I
successfully created a new version of a deb file. Can you help me to
get this steps?

--
Regards;
Israel Garcia

Old 05-27-2010, 08:44 AM
"John A. Sullivan III"

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 10:09 +0200, Israel Garcia wrote:
> Some times ago (I could not find on google), I could create a deb file
> for my lenny from unstable or testing debian (done remember now). I
> remember I follow some steps from a blog or something and I
> successfully created a new version of a deb file. Can you help me to
> get this steps?
<snip>
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you mean rebuilding packages,
you can look here:

If you mean using testing and unstable packages in Lenny, you may want
to search on "debian apt pinning". Good luck - John

Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Israel Garcia

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:44 AM, John A. Sullivan III
<jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 10:09 +0200, Israel Garcia wrote:
>> Some times ago (I could not find on google), I could create a deb file
>> for my lenny from unstable or testing debian (done remember now). I
>> remember I follow some steps from a blog or something and I
>> successfully created a new version of a deb file. Can you help me to
>> get this steps?
> <snip>
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean. *If you mean rebuilding packages,
> you can look here:
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/20
>
> If you mean using testing and unstable packages in Lenny, you may want
> to search on "debian apt pinning". *Good luck - John

I meant "using testing and unstable packages in Lenny"..

thanks john

regards,
Israel.

--