Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Skirmantas

Default ./configure options used for binary packges

Hello,

I would like to see what options where used to "./configure" this binary
package:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libapache2-mod-php5
(and some others)

I am trying to build php-5.3 from source and I would like to use those
options as my base.

However I can't figure it out where to find them. Did I missed something?

Archive: 4BFDCE5B.5050007@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4BFDCE5B.5050007@gmail.com

Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Wolodja Wentland

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 04:43 +0300, Skirmantas wrote:
> I would like to see what options where used to "./configure" this
> binary package:
> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libapache2-mod-php5
> (and some others)

That is easy. Just issue "apt-get source libapache2-mod-php5" and take a
look at its debian/rules file. You might need to add a suitable deb-src
line to your sources.list.

> I am trying to build php-5.3 from source and I would like to use
> those options as my base.

Is it a necessity to use upstreams version?

If not:

1. Add a deb-src line for your current release to your sources.list
2. aptitude build-dep packagename
3. apt-get source packagename
4. Edit packagename-version/debian/rules to your liking.
5. dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us
6. dpkg -i ../packagename-version.deb

> However I can't figure it out where to find them. Did I missed something?

A basic understanding of Debian packaging maybe :-p

Take a look at http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ if you want to
know more.
--
.'`. Wolodja Wentland <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>