./configure options used for binary packges
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 04:43 +0300, Skirmantas wrote:
> I would like to see what options where used to "./configure" this
> binary package:
> (and some others)
That is easy. Just issue "apt-get source libapache2-mod-php5" and take a
look at its debian/rules file. You might need to add a suitable deb-src
line to your sources.list.
> I am trying to build php-5.3 from source and I would like to use
> those options as my base.
Is it a necessity to use upstreams version?
1. Add a deb-src line for your current release to your sources.list
2. aptitude build-dep packagename
3. apt-get source packagename
4. Edit packagename-version/debian/rules to your liking.
5. dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us
6. dpkg -i ../packagename-version.deb
> However I can't figure it out where to find them. Did I missed something?
A basic understanding of Debian packaging maybe :-p
Take a look at http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ if you want to
.'`. Wolodja Wentland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
: :' :
`. `'` 4096R/CAF14EFC
`- 081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC