Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Barry Samuels

Default Strange printing effect *WORKAROUND*

On 26/05/10 17:30:55, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:16:29 +0100
> Barry Samuels <barry@beenthere.mail1.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hello Barry,
>
> > It does look like the HPLIP driver is causing the problem.
>
> It certainly seems to be. Although the thread meantioned below also
> throws suspicion on ghostscript. After some poking around (Google,
> HPLIP support site [which is a real PITA to navigate]) I managed to
> find this thread;
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/578920
>
> Which offers a workaround. It worked for me, but I'm not sure whether
> it will for you as the symptoms aren't the same (black o/p instead of
> yellow/cream).
>
> Here's what to do:
>
> Edit;
>
> /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstopdf
>
> Change;
>
> PS2PDF_OPTIONS="$PS2PS_OPTIONS -dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode
> -dPDFSETTINGS=/printer -dUseCIEColor"
>
> to;
>
> PS2PDF_OPTIONS="$PS2PS_OPTIONS -dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode
> -dPDFSETTINGS=/printer"
>

> It worked for me. No doubt, at the next upgrade, things will get
> changed back but hopefully, the bug will be fixed before that.

Brad

Thanks for posting that but it didn't work for me but I do have the plain
vanilla postscript driver which does work.

--
Barry Samuels
http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk

Old 05-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Brad Rogers

On Wed, 26 May 2010 18:26:13 +0100
Barry Samuels <barry@beenthere.mail1.co.uk> wrote:

Hello Barry,

> Thanks for posting that but it didn't work for me but I do have the

You're welcome. A pity it didn't work, but as I said, your symptoms
were different.

> plain vanilla postscript driver which does work.

At least you've had some success.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is