Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Frank McCormick

Default Chromium Browser in Sid

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/ChromiumBrowserVsGoogleChrome

--
-- Frank --

Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Sarunas Burdulis

Old 05-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

David Baron wrote:

A poster rightly noted that chromium is NOT google chrome.

Installed it (still in 5.****). Looks like Google's. Taste's like it. I do
believe it loads up noticeably faster (was not that the whole point of
chromium in the first place?). Flash seems more reliable as well (I understand
why Apple prefers to avoid it!).

So before I decide which one to keep, how can I get them to share the same
configuration, options, extensions, etc. Doing that will enable a real
comparison? Where do they keep this data?

I have Sid's google-chrome-beta 5.0.375.53-r47719 and one major hassle
is that the page back and forward keys (backspace and shift+backspace)
do not work neither can a mouse wheel be used like in IW.

See:http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=22683

Is that true for the chromium browser as well?

Having to walk the mouse all the way to the left corner every time is a
pain.

Hugo