Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Thierry Chatelet

Default OT-Brother DCP 130C printer

Hi,
I may get my neighbor to switch to debian, if its printer works under linux,
but it is not mentioned in linuxprinting.org. Has anyone some returns on
such a printer.(It is printer and scanner)
Thierry

Old 05-25-2010, 07:30 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 14:17:08 Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> I may get my neighbor to switch to debian, if its printer works under
> linux, but it is not mentioned in linuxprinting.org. Has anyone some
> returns on such a printer.(It is printer and scanner)

Brother printers are hit-and-miss. Mine worked for printing, if connected via
USB, but the scanning and faxing just didn't work.

Try printing something from a LiveCD. That's probably a pretty good test. It
will also give you (at least) once through the configuration dialogs and
whatnot to learn the correct way to configure the printer.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))

Old 05-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Jens Selk

Am Dienstag 25 Mai 2010 21:17:08 schrieb Thierry Chatelet:

> I may get my neighbor to switch to debian, if its printer works
> under linux, but it is not mentioned in linuxprinting.org. Has
> anyone some returns on such a printer.(It is printer and scanner)
> Thierry

Brother officially supports Linux and offers drivers at
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html

I've got a Brother DCP-130C and an MFC-235C. Both printers (printer and
scanner) just work fine on several Linux installations including two
Debian Squeeze installations.

Jens

Old 05-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Thierry Chatelet

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 23:45:36 Jens Selk wrote:
> Am Dienstag 25 Mai 2010 21:17:08 schrieb Thierry Chatelet:
> > I may get my neighbor to switch to debian, if its printer works
> > under linux, but it is not mentioned in linuxprinting.org. Has
> > anyone some returns on such a printer.(It is printer and scanner)
> > Thierry
>
> Brother officially supports Linux and offers drivers at
> http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html
>
> I've got a Brother DCP-130C and an MFC-235C. Both printers (printer and
> scanner) just work fine on several Linux installations including two
> Debian Squeeze installations.
>
> Jens

OK, thank you for the link. Looks like there will be one more debian user
soon.
Thierry