Old 05-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Frank McCormick

Default Can't switch to DASH

If this is a repeat I apologize for the noise.

With this mornings upgrade to testing there was a new
version of DASH.
I've been using BASH..and tried to switch.

frank@squeeze:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash
dpkg-divert: mismatch on package
when removing `diversion of /bin/sh by dash'
found `diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks

--
-- Frank --

Old 05-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Freeman

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:06:06PM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> If this is a repeat I apologize for the noise.
>

> With this mornings upgrade to testing there was a new
> version of DASH.
> I've been using BASH..and tried to switch.
>

> frank@squeeze:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash
> dpkg-divert: mismatch on package
> when removing `diversion of /bin/sh by dash'
> found `diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'
>
> Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I don't know about the diversion. I use dash 0.5.5.1-3 on squeeze.

freeman@Europa:~$ ls -al /bin/*sh*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 811156 Apr 10 05:03 /bin/bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 84144 Sep 16 2009 /bin/dash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Apr 23 10:28 /bin/rbash -> bash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 21 04:06 /bin/sh -> dash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Apr 23 10:28 /bin/sh.distrib -> bash

On upgrade apt-lisbugs warned of bug #582952, regarding LINENO and failure
of associated packages to build from source. So I aborted.

But yours sounds more related to #540512 or #546428

Tyhere are a number of grave and serious bugs on the latest dash.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Freeman

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:06:06PM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> If this is a repeat I apologize for the noise.
>

> With this mornings upgrade to testing there was a new
> version of DASH.
> I've been using BASH..and tried to switch.
>

> frank@squeeze:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash
> dpkg-divert: mismatch on package
> when removing `diversion of /bin/sh by dash'
> found `diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'
>
> Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Woops, I should have read a into the imprtant bugs, although yous seems more
"serious."

#583554