Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 AM
godo

Default PART DIAGNOSED: Trying to install Google Earth on Lenny. How on earth??????

It is, at least in part, due to a problem on my box. I had been installing
Fedora on another box and when it finished I tried Google maps - and bingo!
So it is neither me nor my router, but my box. I clearly have to solve this,
but not tonight.

Oh - and your URL opened perfectly on my box, Stephen. I just couldn't get it
to show me anywhere else.

Thanks all for your help.

Lisi

Hi,
when you installed on Fedora, is it in installation process pop up some
GUI window (Yes I accept, Next or something like that)?
If yes on Debian box like normal user 'xhost +' then 'su' and
'./Google_maps.sh'

After installation (again normal user) 'xhost-'

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic