Old 05-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Tyler Smith

Default wireless button works for bluetooth, not for wlan

Hi,

One of the recent updates appears to have altered the behaviour of the
hard ware wireless switch on my HP Elitebook 6930p. It never used to
work at all. Now, it works for bluetooth, but not for regular wireless.

With the wireless turned on, I get this:

/home/tyler# rfkill list
4: phy1: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: yes
11: hci0: Bluetooth
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no

Bluetooth is on, but wireless is hard blocked.

After turning off the wireless via the hardware switch:

/home/tyler# rfkill list
4: phy1: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: yes

Bluetooth is now gone, but the wireless is still blocked.

Please help!

Thanks,

Tyler