Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 PM

Default Re (2): lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

> (3) The need for special backup requirements will be
> used by the opponents of Linux at my place of employment
> to oppose further deployments of Linux, ...

What about the carrot approach? Find an even better
backup method, compatible with Grub 2 and appealing
to your management for its efficiency.

Or what about putting Grub on a USB flash which can
be replicated easily and is largely independent of
your main non-volatile storage. The flash fails
and you plug in another. Main storage fails and
you invoke the traditional backup.

Regards, ... Peter E.

--
Carnot is waiting for a disk replacement; Web pages may not work.
Google "pathology workshop".