Old 05-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Rick Thomas

Default buisnesscard sid_d-i in "expert" mode asks different questions on amd64 vs powerpc

I recently installed an AMD64 box from a sid_d-i businesscard CD in
"expert" mode.
It asked me some questions that I didn't remember seeing on my PowerPC
installations.

In particular, it asked me to chose a distribution (Lenny, Squeeze,
Sid) and whether

I wanted to use non-free repositories.

I just did an "expert" mode install from the latest businesscard CD
on a PowerMac G4, just to be sure, and it did *not* ask me any such
questions.

Is there some fundamental difference bewteen the two architectures
that makes

this difference necessary?

Anybody know?

Rick