Old 05-22-2010, 05:10 PM
"Avinash H.M."

Default No CORE DUMP.

Hi All,

I am using DSL [ damn small linux ] which is branched from debain.
I am trying to use GCC, GDB. Able to install both of them.

I am doing following
- run a helloworld.c program whic has a while loop. So while
running, its stuck in while.
- another shell, "kill -11 PID" [ PID of the ./a.out ]
After kill, i get Segmentation fault. But Core is not dumped. [ I
expect a print ( Core dumped ) ]

Anyone faced this ??? Please help.

Thanks
- Avinash

Old 05-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Aioanei Rares

I am using DSL [ damn small linux ] which is branched from debain.
I am trying to use GCC, GDB. Able to install both of them.

I am doing following
- run a helloworld.c program whic has a while loop. So while
running, its stuck in while.
- another shell, "kill -11 PID" [ PID of the ./a.out ]
After kill, i get Segmentation fault. But Core is not dumped. [ I
expect a print ( Core dumped ) ]

Anyone faced this ??? Please help.

Thanks
- Avinash

First, compile your program with -g, then take a look at man core. Not
every program that has received

a segfault signal dumps core. Look at gcore to see how to generate it.

Archive: 4BF81657.7060002@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4BF81657.7060002@gmail.com

Old 05-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Anand Sivaram

*

First, compile your program with -g, then take a look at man core. Not every program that has received

a segfault signal dumps core. *Look at gcore to see how to generate it.

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4BF81657.7060002@gmail.com

Normally core dump is disabled. *You could find the maximum size of core file created using "ulimit -a", normally that is 0.Increase it usingulimit -c <maximum size>

Old 05-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Chris Bannister

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 10:40:53PM +0530, Avinash H.M. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using DSL [ damn small linux ] which is branched from debain.
> I am trying to use GCC, GDB. Able to install both of them.

Although DSL is based on Debian, it is not Debian. There are numerous
differences between them. Enough, in fact, as to make them quite
different beasts and you would be better off asking on a DSL mailing
list.

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 05-23-2010, 01:21 PM
"Avinash H.M."

Thanks !!! this worked.
I did
ulimit -c unlimited.

I tried tracking ulimit. If i do
which ulimit, i am not getting anything. [ I expect the path of this binary ]

Is it a built in bash command or something like that ????

--
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, SHARE IT.

BIRTH IS JOYFUL, DEATH IS PLEASANT, BUT ITS THE TRANSITION WHICH IS TROUBLESOME.

WITH WARM REGARDS, AVINASH

Old 05-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Avinash

Chris Bannister <mockingbird <at> earthlight.co.nz> writes:

> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 10:40:53PM +0530, Avinash H.M. wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using DSL [ damn small linux ] which is branched from debain.
> > I am trying to use GCC, GDB. Able to install both of them.
>
> Although DSL is based on Debian, it is not Debian. There are numerous
> differences between them. Enough, in fact, as to make them quite
> different beasts and you would be better off asking on a DSL mailing
> list.

Hey Chris,

I Agree .. DSL , Debian are quiet different. My first place to go to help was a
DSL Mailing list. But couldn't find one. So seeing the activity here, posted
here. And i got help, and infact i am unblocked. Thanks Every one.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Javier Barroso

which ulimit, i am not getting anything. [ I expect the path of this binary ]

Is it a built in bash command or something like that ????
Yes, and it is documented in:

$ man bash # /ulimit
$ help ulimit