Old 05-22-2010, 09:50 AM
godo

Default Quick Java Question

On 05/22/2010 11:33 AM, Danny wrote:

Hi guys,

I have Debian 5.04 and have a little trouble with JRE.
I downloaded the new JRE from Sun and installed it. But
how do I tell firefox how to use the JRE ?

Thanks

Danny

Hi,
there is also sun-java6-plugin in non-free repositories.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic

Archive: 4BF7A8ED.7080105@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4BF7A8ED.7080105@dobosevic.com

Old 05-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Wolodja Wentland

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 11:33 +0200, Danny wrote:
> I have Debian 5.04 and have a little trouble with JRE.
> I downloaded the new JRE from Sun and installed it. But
> how do I tell firefox how to use the JRE ?

Do you have any particular reason for downloading the JRE directly from
Sun and not installing it from the repositories? The package you are
looking for is "sun-java6-jre" and there is also a "sun-java6-plugin"
which are both available from the non-free component.

Kind regards

Wolodja
--
.'`. Wolodja Wentland <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
: :' :

Old 05-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 22 May 2010 11:33:36 +0200, Danny wrote:

> I have Debian 5.04 and have a little trouble with JRE. I downloaded the
> new JRE from Sun and installed it. But how do I tell firefox how to use
> the JRE ?

You can read (and follow) the instructions provided by Oracle:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/linux_install.xml#enable

Greetings,

--
Camaleón