Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Evuraan

Default changing default nfs mount options

hello,

i did install nfs-common portmap, and nfs client works:

below are the options i see take effect per /proc/mounts if i say
"mount -t nfs blah:/fs /tmp/somedir"

rw,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen=255,hard, nointr,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mount proto=udp

how can i change some of the above without having to use the "-o"
option to the mount command?

for instance, timeo=10 instead of 600, or proto=udp instead of proto=udp ?

i tried looking in /etc/default/nfs-common but could not figure this
out. any help wud be much appreciated. thx.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 21 May 2010 14:27:44 -0700, Evuraan wrote:

> i did install nfs-common portmap, and nfs client works:
>
> below are the options i see take effect per /proc/mounts if i say "mount
> -t nfs blah:/fs /tmp/somedir"

rw,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen=255,hard, nointr,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mount proto=udp

> how can i change some of the above without having to use the "-o" option
> to the mount command?

>From client-side, I'm not sure, but if NFS is/acts/behaves similar than
samba does, you should be able to define NFS mount point options under "/
etc/fstab".

For server-side settings, review "/etc/exports" file.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Tom H

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2010 14:27:44 -0700, Evuraan wrote:
>
>> i did *install nfs-common portmap, and nfs client works:
>>
>> below are the options i see take effect per /proc/mounts if i say "mount
>> -t nfs blah:/fs /tmp/somedir"
>>
> rw,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen=255,hard, nointr,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mount proto=udp
>>
>> how can i change some of the above without having to use the "-o" option
>> to the mount command?
>
> >From client-side, I'm not sure, but if NFS is/acts/behaves similar than
> samba does, you should be able to define NFS mount point options under "/
> etc/fstab".

Client-side, you can create an alias
alias mountnfs='mount.nfs -o ...'