Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
"John A. Sullivan III"

Default Preserving KDE 3.5

Hello, all. A while ago there was a vigorous discussion about
preserving KDE 3.5. There is an opportunity now to back our words with
our actions. The Trinity project (http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net)
is maintaining and improving KDE 3.5 for Ubuntu and is willing to set up
a Debian repository but needs help to do it. They are in the midst of
doing an outstanding job patching Kontact on KDE 3.5 in Debian Lenny for
us as a sponsored project.

Although I shouldn't speak for them, I would guess they do not have the
resources to support Debian + Ubuntu without some help. So . . . if you
really want KDE 3.5 for Debian going forward, please visit the web site,
contact Tim Pearson, and offer some help of whatever kind you have to
offer.

By the way, I personally like where KDE 4 is going but there are
compelling reasons keeping us on KDE 3.5 at the moment so please let's
not start a flame about one branch or the other :-)