Old 05-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Charles Kroeger

Default RAW photo images

Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know of a good
raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro? I have Gimp but can't
find anything regarding 'raw' in the help files.

(i.e. 16bits)

have a better one.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:30 PM
jeremy jozwik

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Charles Kroeger
<ckrogrr@frankensteinface.com> wrote:
> Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know of a good
> raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro? I have Gimp but can't
> find anything regarding 'raw' in the help files.

rawStudio seems to work well "enough" for me and my .crw chdk raw files.
i have not tried it with my canon 500d files though. [.cr2]

i say "enough" because it has a folder switching bug.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Michael Kjorling

On May 21 2010 15:03 -0400, from ckrogrr@frankensteinface.com (Charles Kroeger):
> Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know
> of a good raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro?

I use F-Spot for photo management and UFRaw for raw conversion; these
work well for me with my Canon EOS 50D.

--
Michael Kjörling .. michael@kjorling.se .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *

Old 05-22-2010, 02:48 AM
"H.S."

Charles Kroeger wrote:
> Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know of a good
> raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro? I have Gimp but can't
> find anything regarding 'raw' in the help files.
>
> (i.e. 16bits)
>
> have a better one.

I have used ufraw successfully with Canon's crw files. I have also used
dcraw to do the raw->jpeg conversion on the command line. The only
problem that I have encountered in the latter method is that the dcraw
appears to not understand camera's white balance (at least in Canon's case).

ever having been read.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:24 AM
jeremy jozwik

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 7:48 PM, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have used ufraw successfully with Canon's crw files. I have also used
> dcraw to do the raw->jpeg conversion on the command line. The only
> problem that I have encountered in the latter method is that the dcraw
> appears to not understand camera's white balance (at least in Canon's case).

i get the same white balance issue with my chdk .crw files in rawstudio.
all this time i thought it was chdk not properly storing the white balance info.

do you have any access to .cr2 files to see if ufraw works with those?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:40 AM
"H.S."

jeremy jozwik wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 7:48 PM, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have used ufraw successfully with Canon's crw files. I have also used
>> dcraw to do the raw->jpeg conversion on the command line. The only
>> problem that I have encountered in the latter method is that the dcraw
>> appears to not understand camera's white balance (at least in Canon's case).
>
> i get the same white balance issue with my chdk .crw files in rawstudio.
> all this time i thought it was chdk not properly storing the white balance info.
>
> do you have any access to .cr2 files to see if ufraw works with those?

Nope, sorry. This is an older Canon camera that I have. cr2 apparently
is Canon's Raw version 2 format and is used in newer cameras.

ever having been read.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:50 AM
jeremy jozwik

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:40 PM, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope, sorry. This is an older Canon camera that I have. cr2 apparently
> is Canon's Raw version 2 format and is used in newer cameras.

yep, those dont work in rawstudio.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Michael Kjorling

On May 21 2010 20:24 -0700, from jerjoz.forums@gmail.com (jeremy jozwik):
> do you have any access to .cr2 files to see if ufraw works with those?

.CR2 is not a single format, but UFRaw works with those produced by
the 50D, along with a large number of other cameras' raw formats.
There is a camera compatibility list at
<http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Cameras.html>.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Charles Kroeger