Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 AM
AG

Default Nepomuk wants virtuoso soprano

Hi all

Although I am logging into Gnome DE on an up-to-date Squeeze system, I
receive a message at login that declares Nepomuk requires virtuoso
soprano to work. Having looked nepomuk up via Google, it seems like it
is something from our KDE friends, but using apt-cache search I don't
see anything called virtuoso soprano to draw down to satisfy nepomuk.

My question is: how does one satisfy nepomuk and/ or is nepomuk even
necessary?

Also, is it just me or do other folk here also find that KDE seems to be
pulling in loads of dependencies ... databases, nepomuk (which wants
virtuoso soprano), etc. just to operate? Seems like a lot of overhead is
required to prop up KDE4.* these days.

Anyway, any suggestions re: the nepomuk issue?

Cheers

AG