Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Eric Persson

Default Scripting gnome-panels

I have a small bashscript which prepares a dual-monitor setup for my
laptop, since i'm moving in and out of the office and meetings, I tend
to attach and disconnect the monitor a few times a day.

That works fine with xrandr, but the issue is that I would like some
gnome panels to move, and add one to the extra monitor. I have googled
around but cant seemt o find that it would be possible, but it must be
in some way, us usual. So, any hints?

Basically, add one panel to one monitor, and add a window list to that
panel.

Best regards,
Eric

Archive: 4BF38357.3090600@persson.tm">http://lists.debian.org/4BF38357.3090600@persson.tm

Old 05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Mickey Fox

2010/5/19 Eric Persson <eric@persson.tm>:
> I have a small bashscript which prepares a dual-monitor setup for my laptop,
> since i'm moving in and out of the office and meetings, I tend to attach and
> disconnect the monitor a few times a day.
>
> That works fine with xrandr, but the issue is that I would like some gnome
> panels to move, and add one to the extra monitor. I have googled around but
> cant seemt o find that it would be possible, but it must be in some way, us
> usual. So, any hints?
>
> Basically, add one panel to one monitor, and add a window list to that
> panel.
>
> Best regards,
> *Eric

Just some hints to you. You man configure one and only panel. Then run
the command:
gconftool -R /apps/panel > one_panel

Then add another panel and configure it as you will. Then run gconftool again:
gconftool -R /apps/panel > two_panels

Maybe all the differences are that between file "one_panel" and
"two_panel". Then you can use command "gconftool" for scripting.
I am not sure whether it works. You may try it.