Old 05-19-2010, 12:24 AM

Default Re (5): Re^n: Grub vs. linux-image-2.6.32 conundrum

Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:08:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stephen Powell <zlinux...@wowway....>
> ... my employer has [carnot.yi.org] blocked as a "dating" site. ?!

yi.org provides an server for dynamically updated
addresses. Among the thousands of clients, a few
could be distributing "colorful" data.

http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/dalton.Xorg.0.log
is the same file. I registered at yi.org back
when the ubc dns was failing.

... Peter E.

--
Google "pathology workshop".
In ETHNO click here -> Desktops.OpenDoc http://carnot.yi.org/.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Stephen Powell

On Tue, 18 May 2010 20:24:47 -0400 (EDT), Peter Easthope wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> ... my employer has [carnot.yi.org] blocked as a "dating" site. ?!
>
> yi.org provides an server for dynamically updated
> addresses. Among the thousands of clients, a few
> could be distributing "colorful" data.
>
> http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/dalton.Xorg.0.log
> is the same file. I registered at yi.org back
> when the ubc dns was failing.

Sorry, Peter. I kept forgetting to check from home.
I don't think the "/dev/fb0 does not exist" error is significant.
It appears that the X server is set up to try the intel,
vesa, and fb drivers, in that order. The message about "/dev/fb0
does not exist" would only matter if the fb driver was primary.
But the intel driver successfully
identifies your chipset as i815, one of its supported drivers; so that
shouldn't be a problem. intel should take over as primary. Please post your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file as well.

--
.'`. Stephen Powell
: :' :