Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Vadim Matveev

Default Globally map to

How can i globally map <C-m> to work as <Return>? It is default in
rxvt-unicode and vimperator, but i want it to work this way with any X
application. I tried xbindkey with 'xdotool key Return', but it is too
slow - about 1 sec delay, useless.
Maybe it should be solved via WM (xmonad), but anyway i don't know how.
Any solution?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Volkan YAZICI

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Vadim Matveev <vadegm@gmail.com> writes:
> How can i globally map <C-m> to work as <Return>? It is default in
> rxvt-unicode and vimperator, but i want it to work this way with any X
> application. I tried xbindkey with 'xdotool key Return', but it is too
> slow - about 1 sec delay, useless.
> Maybe it should be solved via WM (xmonad), but anyway i don't know how.
> Any solution?

Try xmodmap. For console (without X) you'll need to fiddle with kbd
stuff.

Regards.