Old 11-23-2007, 05:33 PM
SPKills

Default Configuring server with a virtual package

Alex Samad wrote :
I have had a go a building some packages before, but it has been a while, all i
do know is make changes to the code and run make mk-debs, forgotton the magic
behind there.

How do you get around the config file problem, for instance I want have a
package to setup my ldap server, I would like to just go apt-get install
<servername>.ldap and have it bring in the depend packages like slapd, but at
the end of the slapd install to actually over write the slapd.conf and other
files. Do I mark this up as a Replaces action or do i do it via the install
scripts ? The later seems easier and I get a chance to make backup of the
files

Why don't simply use dpkg to extract to the package, replace the conf
files with yours, and then rebuild your own with ?