Old 05-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Merciadri Luca

Default Server certificate has expired

Hi,

I am getting some Thunderbird message for an IMAP account of mine. This
message tells me that the server's certificate associated to the IMAP
account has expired since ... 2007. I know, it's already far from here,
but I cannot change the server's certificate. How can I get rid of this
message? It annoys me, as there is no box that I could check so that it
does not appear anymore.

I have contacted the ML related to the server, but I do not even tell
you who owns the server!

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

I am getting some Thunderbird message for an IMAP account of mine. This
message tells me that the server's certificate associated to the IMAP
account has expired since ... 2007. I know, it's already far from here,
but I cannot change the server's certificate. How can I get rid of this
message? It annoys me, as there is no box that I could check so that it
does not appear anymore.

I have contacted the ML related to the server, but I do not even tell
you who owns the server!

Is taht Thunderbird 2 or 3? In 2 I could not find a way to permanently
accept problematic certificates, but this has changed in version 3.

--
This is not an offer to sell securities.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br

Archive: 20100518162427.63483dlb1x0xkodk@mail.kalinowski.co m.br">http://lists.debian.org/20100518162427.63483dlb1x0xkodk@mail.kalinowski.co m.br

Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Merciadri Luca

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Ter, 18 Mai 2010, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am getting some Thunderbird message for an IMAP account of mine. This
>> message tells me that the server's certificate associated to the IMAP
>> account has expired since ... 2007. I know, it's already far from here,
>> but I cannot change the server's certificate. How can I get rid of this
>> message? It annoys me, as there is no box that I could check so that it
>> does not appear anymore.
>>
>> I have contacted the ML related to the server, but I do not even tell
>> you who owns the server!
>
> Is that Thunderbird 2 or 3? In 2 I could not find a way to permanently
> accept problematic certificates, but this has changed in version 3.
Well, this is effectively Icedove 2.0.0.22 (20090706). How did you
manage to, under Th. 3?

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

On Ter, 18 Mai 2010, Merciadri Luca wrote:

Well, this is effectively Icedove 2.0.0.22 (20090706). How did you
manage to, under Th. 3?

I don't remember exactly, but I believe somewhere the was an option to
accept the security exception permanently.

--
The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it.
-- Abbie Hoffman

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br

Archive: 20100518163039.19774t9qfci22adc@mail.kalinowski.co m.br">http://lists.debian.org/20100518163039.19774t9qfci22adc@mail.kalinowski.co m.br

Old 05-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Merciadri Luca

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Ter, 18 Mai 2010, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>> Well, this is effectively Icedove 2.0.0.22 (20090706). How did you
>> manage to, under Th. 3?
>
> I don't remember exactly, but I believe somewhere the was an option to
> accept the security exception permanently.
Thanks. I just verified, and it is surely not implemented in my
Icedove's version. I should get the new one (which is not in stable
branch, evidently).

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Jordan Metzmeier

On 05/18/2010 03:32 PM, Merciadri Luca wrote:

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

On Ter, 18 Mai 2010, Merciadri Luca wrote:

Well, this is effectively Icedove 2.0.0.22 (20090706). How did you
manage to, under Th. 3?

I don't remember exactly, but I believe somewhere the was an option to
accept the security exception permanently.

Thanks. I just verified, and it is surely not implemented in my
Icedove's version. I should get the new one (which is not in stable
branch, evidently).

You are better off using the upstream tarball of thunderbird then trying
to backport Icedove from squeeze/lenny. Install to your homedir or /opt.
As long as your user has write perms to file, it has an update manager
that can upgrade itself (somewhat eliminating the need for package
management).

Archive: 4BF2EF3A.6070109@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4BF2EF3A.6070109@gmail.com

Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Merciadri Luca

Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
> On 05/18/2010 03:32 PM, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>> Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

>>> I don't remember exactly, but I believe somewhere the was an option to
>>> accept the security exception permanently.
>>>
>> Thanks. I just verified, and it is surely not implemented in my
>> Icedove's version. I should get the new one (which is not in stable
>> branch, evidently).
>>

> You are better off using the upstream tarball of thunderbird then
> trying to backport Icedove from squeeze/lenny. Install to your homedir
> or /opt. As long as your user has write perms to file, it has an
> update manager that can upgrade itself (somewhat eliminating the need
> for package management).
Thanks. I'll do it.

--
Merciadri Luca