Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
James Allsopp

Default Dual Monitors Twin View on Nvidia

Hi,
I've a small 4:3 monitor which was working fine with Debian at about 1152x864 (VGA connection) on a nvidia 9500GT with the proprietary drivers (sorry want to experiment with CUDA so non-free wasn't an option). However, I've just bought a new 1080p TV and connected it to the computer via HDMI. This unfortunately has permanently knocked the resolution down on the monitor to 800x600, which is next to unusable. Would anyone with a similar configuration be willing to share an xorg.conf or share some advice on this. I think I'd like the monitor to be either 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768 and the TV to work at 1600x900 1366x768 or 1280x720.

Thanks for any help!
Jim