Old 11-23-2007, 10:26 PM
"s. keeling"

Default listening to radio stations

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
> On 11/23/07 11:30, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> >>
> >> I just clicked on that link and gxine immediately popped up and
> >> started playing the stream.
> >>
> >> Oh, wait. You said "command line". Yeah, use mplayer.
> >
> > I do that and I get "There is no demuxer available to handle that"
> > What do you have that I don't?
>
> I guess that all depends on what you have...
>
> Do you have win32codecs and gxine installed?

I just did that mplayer command and it worked perfectly. No, I've
neither win32codecs nor gxine installed. I do have xine-ui,
totem-xine, and w32codecs. HTH.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Howard Eisenberger

$ cat listen.pls
[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/

On lenny, using
MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.3-DFSG-free (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Sun Sparc

"mplayer -playlist http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/listen.pls" or
"mplayer http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/"

plays fine *without* any external win32codecs.

Regards,

Howard E.