-   -   Where to report a problem with new 4.0r2 DVD images? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/33989-where-report-problem-new-4-0r2-dvd-images.html)

Marcello Di Marino Azevedo 01-10-2008 03:21 PM

Where to report a problem with new 4.0r2 DVD images?

Hi people.

Please, give me some help here. Where is the correct way to report a
problem with new 4.0r2 DVD images?

Let me explain what I found. First, it is not big deal, but in my case
it is pretty annoing.

Usually I use DVD images as a local repository. It is simple, just mount
ISO DVD as loop device and offer contents using apache. It worked well
on previous releases for main and contrib.

But now images for DVD 2 and 3 have some missing files at
dists/etch/contrib/binary-i386. Currently we only have Release file at
DVD 2 and 3. Comparing with DVD 1 we have Release, Packages.gz and
Packages.

Because of that apt complains it cannot find Packages.gz for contrib and
then break update process.

Was that a fault or was intentional skip these files?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Marcello.

Salvatore Bonaccorso 01-10-2008 03:50 PM

Where to report a problem with new 4.0r2 DVD images?

Hi

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 02:21:54PM -0200, Marcello Di Marino Azevedo wrote:
> Please, give me some help here. Where is the correct way to report a
> problem with new 4.0r2 DVD images?

I could not answer to the rest of your post, but according to the list
of psuedo-packages [1], probably in such a case one should report it
to the cdimage pseudo-package? Is this correct?

[1] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages

Best regards,
Salvatore

01-11-2008 06:55 AM

Where to report a problem with new 4.0r2 DVD images?

> But now images for DVD 2 and 3 have some missing files at
> dists/etch/contrib/binary-i386. Currently we only have Release file at
> DVD 2 and 3. Comparing with DVD 1 we have Release, Packages.gz and
> Packages.

On DVD 2 and 3 directory /pool/contrib does not exist.

> Because of that apt complains it cannot find Packages.gz for contrib and
> then break update process.

Just remove contrib item from DVD 2 and 3 lines in /etc/apt/sources.list