Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 AM
"David Fox"

Default sid scim and firefox: libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_impl

On 1/9/08, Joel Roth <joelz@pobox.com> wrote:

> Turned out I had some libraries in /usr/local/lib that were
> a problem.

Always a pitfall for me, and probably lots of others. I know I've been
bitten numerous times with
cruft in /usr/local that conflicts with other stuff, although I'm
pretty sure I have most of the old things removed by now.

Curiously, I didn't have any /usr/local links in that ldd output, and
don't experience the first error, but I have experienced the SSL
warning message, but it doesn't seem to hamper firefox at all from
what i can see. This is on lenny, all updates (as of last Saturday).

But I did notice a few "not found" in that ldd output here. It doesn't
seem to hamper (yet) but I am curious about them:

dfox@m206-157:/tmp$ ldd /usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
libmozjs.so => not found
libxpcom.so => not found
libxpcom_core.so => not found
libplc4.so.0d => /usr/lib/libplc4.so.0d (0xb7faf000)
libnspr4.so.0d => /usr/lib/libnspr4.so.0d (0xb7f7d000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7f64000)

I can sort of guess that the libmozjs has something to do with javascript.