Old 01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
"Shane D"

Default Getting System Stats

Hey,

What would one type in to the shell to get some of the statistics of a
machine? I am running asterisk on an old laptop, and I want to try to
see if the studder I am recieving is caused by a terrible processor...

--
-Shane
Blog: http://blind-geek.com/blog/

Old 01-09-2008, 08:49 PM
"Martin Marcher"

top
free
vmstat?

you might want to google about monitoring linux in general

On 1/9/08, Shane D <chatter8712@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> What would one type in to the shell to get some of the statistics of a
> machine? I am running asterisk on an old laptop, and I want to try to
> see if the studder I am recieving is caused by a terrible processor...
>
> --
> -Shane
> Blog: http://blind-geek.com/blog/
> CoOwner: http://sjtechzone.com
> AIM: inhaddict
> Skype: chatter8712

http://noneisyours.marcher.name
http://feeds.feedburner.com/NoneIsYours

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:41 AM
Celejar

[message reorganized to undo top-posting; please don't top post]

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:49:52 +0100
"Martin Marcher" <martin@marcher.name> wrote:

> On 1/9/08, Shane D <chatter8712@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > What would one type in to the shell to get some of the statistics of a
> > machine? I am running asterisk on an old laptop, and I want to try to
> > see if the studder I am recieving is caused by a terrible processor...
> >
> > --
> > -Shane

> top
> free
> vmstat?
>
> you might want to google about monitoring linux in general

Those are for monitoring the current loads; if the OP wants to see info
about the HW, he can try:

cat /proc/cpuinfo /proc/meminfo
or for more exhaustive information about the entire system,
'lshw' (from the 'lshw' package).

Celejar