-   -   C++ SQL interface (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/32973-c-sql-interface.html)

"Nuno Magalh„es" 01-09-2008 02:23 PM

C++ SQL interface

Hi, i'm developing a small academic project and need to link to an
Oracle database using C++
I'm kinda lost as far as google and oracle.com go, i asusme i oughta
implement some Class, i just can't find it. The code is supposed to
work in any platform and we're compiling it with both g++ and
VisualStudio2005.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

--
Fica bem, porta-te mal.
Be well, misbehave.

Hugo Vanwoerkom 01-09-2008 08:00 PM

C++ SQL interface

Nuno Magalh„es wrote:

Hi, i'm developing a small academic project and need to link to an
Oracle database using C++
I'm kinda lost as far as google and oracle.com go, i asusme i oughta
implement some Class, i just can't find it. The code is supposed to
work in any platform and we're compiling it with both g++ and
VisualStudio2005.

I would use Qt4:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9602
and
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/qt4-sql.html

Hugo

baldyeti 01-13-2008 11:27 AM

C++ SQL interface

Have you looked at OTL? http://otl.sourceforge.net/
In any case you'll need Oracle connectivity middleware;
their so-called "Instant Client" is the easiest to install.